Crossrail is the largest infrastructure project in Europe.
AKS Ward is the Crossrail Party Wall Surveyor for Bond Street Eastern Ticket Hall site at Hanover Square, where a specific undertaking reapplies the Party Wall Act 1996 in its entirety for the benefit of a Grade II* listed property owned by Great Portland Estates.
For the remainder of this vast project, the Party Wall Act etc that normally would relate to excavation works is superseded by the Crossrail Act.
To avoid any disruption to the programme as and when the relevant information becomes available, the following works have been the subject of numerous awards:
- demolition of the compulsorily purchased adjoining buildings
- construction of temporary restraining structures
- construction of the secant piled wall to a depth of 50m
- all tunnelling
- tunnelling enlargement for station platforms
- cross passage construction