Built in an unusual, but striking, linear fashion to suit the site restrictions, this building was constructed in the 1920s and originally named Minford House with the most notable former tenant in this guise being the Inland Revenue. AKS Ward had significant involvement with the many and varied works that enabled the rebirth of this building into its identity as Shepherds Studios, now recognized as a hub of creative and media companies, with more than a few household names as tenants.
We were the sole consultant on the replacement of 1600 windows on a large commercial office building in Shepherd’s Bush. The role included liaison with the Local Authority conservation officer and working closely with the window manufacturer. Some tenants office space included recording studios which were extremely noise sensitive.
Further works included high level defects investigations leading to some re-roofing, plus the installation of a rear roof access gantry and associated ladders. We also spent several years involved in various maintenance elements, including leak detection below the west entrance steps, which lead to removing planters and repaving following waterproofing works to the substrate.