AKSWard is seeking an experienced Senior Building Surveyor to join our team in London.
You will ideally be with no less than five years surveying experience and excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, preferably chartered / referred once, but all suitably experienced candidates considered.
The candidate needs to be familiar with the following:
• Contract Administration on small to medium sized projects up to £2.5m
• Principal Designer / CDM
• Specification writing / bespoke schedules of work
• Defects diagnosis
• Knowledge of multiple forms of construction
• Practical hands-on approach
• Party walls – Residential and commercial
• Surveys generally (Scott schedules, measured, schedules of condition, defect, etc)
• Feasibility studies inc. basic estimating/budgeting skills
• Building Regs / planning applications / historic building consent
• Analytical skills
• AutoCAD skills would be useful but not essential. However, basic Excel, Word, Outlook skills are essential. A good standard of written and oral communication skills are expected
What to expect:
• You will work in a team and individually
• You will be responsible for liaising with clients
• You will work on a wide range of projects across a variety of sectors, including residential, commercial, industrial, leisure and retail.
We are offering a competitive salary depending on your experience, benefits including pension scheme, 25 days annual holiday, travel card loan and a great team.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and we are encouraging every staff member in their personal and professional growth.
Salary £competitive + benefits | Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Bespoke job descriptions are available on request | Privacy Notice